Different situations may require transferring data from one platform to another. Scaling or changing direction can not be complete without migration. Saving important information and maintaining access to files is a pretty difficult and time-consuming task.
It is extremely difficult to complete such a laborious task without help. You will need to study the recommendations and take into account some mandatory actions:
- data preparation includes collecting and deleting useless information;
- choosing a Salesforce data migration method;
- checking the quality of the completed task.
The use of the provided options will allow the transfer to take place without any harm to the data, but it’s still recommended to take some precautions. Check out the options for simplifying the task of managing the lightning community knowledge and carry out the planned operation without the hassle.
How to perform Salesforce migration
Careful attention to all details will allow you to avoid problems in the future and return to the original task. It is important to define the files that require migration and start examining them. The selection of data is based on future goals and the need for the information.
It’s better to remove duplicates and outdated files in advance, since the process takes a lot of time. To complete the file migration in Salesforce as quickly as possible, you need to pay special attention to listing the files. Make sure that all important data will be transferred and saved for uninterrupted access.
The advantage of the Salesforce platform is that it has two out-of-the-box information migration solutions. Use any of them to simplify the migration process:
- Data import wizard can import up to 50 thousand files and has a simple intuitive interface;
- Data loader can be used to transfer more than 5 million files, and the process can be controlled using the command line.
It’s worth choosing the tool taking into account the amount of information that needs to be saved. Built-in solutions make it easier to complete the task and map information in files. Don’t neglect the help of specialists who are able to import data quickly and correctly.
The final stage of the file migration in Salesforce
The quality preparation is the first step towards achieving your goal. Importing a large database will raise doubts about completing the task correctly. To avoid confusion during the Salesforce migration, follow some simple guidelines:
- careful preparation will ensure that all important files are transferred;
- choosing a built-in solution is an important step that allows you to complete the task perfectly;
- see the list of imported files using custom reports.
Adopt best practices of data migration and try to provide quality preparation. View the imported files to identify drawbacks in advance and protect against future problems. Customizable ready-made solutions provide greater convenience, so you shouldn’t give up on using them in practice.